Looking for a Personal Trainer?
Fit & Functional has been recognized as the top training studio in Tallahassee. Our approach to fitness training incorporates all elements of fitness. It is important to understand body weight is not the only determining factor of being physically fit. Our workout sessions incorporate core strengthening, balance, cardiovascular, flexibility, muscle endurance, and strength. We focus on your weakest areas for a more fit & functional you. With our workout programs we incorporate nutrition as well and we have great success with weight loss clients. We offer one on one and partnered training sessions.
All training sessions are appointment based. We see clients 5:45am-7pm M-F and Saturdays 8:30am-12:00pm
Components of Fitness
- Body Composition is the relative amount of fat, water, muscle, bone mineral, and other tissues that make up the content of the body.
- Cardiovascular Fitness is the ability of the heart, blood vessels, blood, and respiratory system to supply fuel, most importantly oxygen, to the muscles.
- Flexibility is the ability of muscle to respond and lengthen in static or dynamic motion without straining or tearing. Flexibility is important for safe and efficient movement and lifting.
- Muscle Endurance is the ability of the muscles to exert themselves repeatedly. This is a quality that is crucial for repetitive work tasks.
- Muscle Strength is the maximum ability of a muscle or group of muscles to exert force against a resistance. This quality is beneficial for heavy lifting tasks.