What is Pilates?
With an emphasis on breath, core conditioning and body awareness, PILATES exercise is a safe and highly effective way to stretch, strengthen and streamline your body without building bulk or stressing your joints. Performed on a mat or specialized equipment, PILATES is a fitness regime for a lifetime. The perfect complement to cardiovascular exercise, sport, rehab and life, PILATES exercises will leave you looking toned, feeling revitalized and moving with ease.
What are the benefits of pilates?
- Longer, leaner muscles (less bulk, more freedom of movement)
- Improves postural problems
- Increases core strength/stability and peripheral mobility Helps prevent injury
- Enhances functional fitness, ease of movement
- Balances strength & flexibility
- Heightens body awareness
- No-impact – easy on the joints
- Can be customized to suit everyone from rehab patients to elite athletes
- Complements other methods of exercise
- Improves performance in sports Improves balance, coordination & circulation
Duet – Work out with a friend or have us arrange a partner for you. Prerequisites: Same work out level or a similar postural analysis. 1/2 hour session $30 / Hour sessions $45
Private – Utilizing postural analysis, an individualized Pilates work out program will be designed for your specific needs. Prerequisites: Postural Analysis Consultation
1/2 hour sessions $40 / Hour sessions $70