It’s time for some cold, hard facts:
- You’re not going to be able to read every book that you want
- You’ll never have time to watch all of your favorite shows
- The house will never be clean enough
- There will always be another errand to run
- The grass will continue to grow
- Everything you buy will need to be dusted, repaired, maintained or disposed of in some way
This is not a critique of any lack of organizational skills on your part, or a reason to give up altogether. Rather, it’s a statement of freedom.
When you know that life will still be waiting for you tomorrow—no matter what—it gives you the freedom to make today count as much as possible. "Someday" is right now. Anytime. And that can be exciting, if you let it. If we ever hope to reach our biggest goals (especially weight loss goals), we have to start making some tough choices. We have to start giving ourselves permission to ignore one thing—or several things—for the sake of something more important. What can be more deserving of our time?